You've seen these super sleek carbon fiber wheels on bikes pedaled to victory in the Tour de France by the likes of Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome, now find out for yourself just what a lightweight, aerodynamic, high performance marvel the Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 C50 Tubular Wheelset actually is. The C50 moniker means the tubular rims are constructed of high modulus carbon fiber with a 50mm rim depth which translates to flat-out speed, stiffness, and superb handling out on the road. The engineers at Shimano created a rim profile that slices through the wind and is optimized for typical wind velocity and wind angle conditions typically encountered on the bike. The Dura-Ace 9000 C50 is thusly a superb all-around road racing and triathlon racing choice.
The Dura-Ace 9000 C50 rear wheel sports Shimano's Opt-Bal 2:1 spoke system which utilizes 14 spokes on the drive side and 7 spokes on the non-drive side. This spoke distribution pattern, in conjunction with the wider flange aluminum hub, equates to optimal spoke tension for enhanced stiffness and strength. The drive side spokes are in a 2x lacing pattern while the non-drive side spokes are radially laced. The spokes themselves are butted, bladed stainless steel for both strength and aerodynamics. The Dura-Ace 9000 hub has a titanium freehub body to help minimize weight and is set-up for 11-speed drivetrains. The spoke nipples are hidden to enhance aerodynamics while the 24mm rim width ensures plenty of surface area and a wide contact patch for gluing on a tubular tire.
- 100% high modulus carbon fiber rim construction for strength, stiffness and light weight
- 50mm rim depth provides balance between deeper, aerodynamic profile and acceleration
- 24mm rim width provides a wide contact area for gluing tubular tires
- Rear wheel utilizes Opt-Bal 2:1 spoke system (14 spokes drive side/7 spokes non-drive side) to provide optimal spoke tension for enhanced stiffness and strength
- Bladed, butted spokes for aerodynamics and strength
- Front wheel lacing pattern: 16 spokes radially laced
- Rear wheel lacing pattern: 21 spokes with 2x drive side/radial non-drive side
- Rear wheel features titanium freehub body helps shave grams
- 11-speed compatible freehub body
- Extra-wide flange aluminum hub enhances strength and stability
- Angular contact bearings and oversize 7075 aluminum axles
- Hidden spoke nipples
- Weight: 1,449 grams/pair
Item ID 23487